ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately enter, classify, post, and send invoices and statements to customers;
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Reconcile billings by verifying and entering transactions from lock box and local deposits
- Perform collections activities on a daily, weekly and monthly basis; update other departments on status of customer payments
- Correspond with customers regarding invoicing inquiries, payment status and any other customer related matters in a professional and timely manner
- Maintain customer records, contracts, invoices, credits, correspondence etc via paper and/or electronic records
- Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, and customer service departments
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries
- Resolve invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures
- Resolve collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, and credit line.
- Prepare accounts receivable, collections and other reports
- Assist with monthly close process and ensure assigned deadlines are met.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Follow and perform duties in a manner consistent with the policies and procedures established by the Company
- Assist with other projects and perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of Accounts Receivable experience is required.
SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE: QuickBooks and Microsoft Office experience is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Must be reliable and motivated with a very high attention to detail
- Administrative and data entry skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to multitask successfully
- Willingness to adapt to shifting priorities