Elauwit is a new breed of technology service provider. We believe that everything in life will be impacted or improved by our seamless connection to each other through IP networking. Our focus is improving the lives of those who live in student housing, conventional luxury multifamily communities or those who are guests of hotels and resorts. We empower community owners to improve connectivity for their residents by building and maintaining networks and by introducing new and innovative products to our customers and sales partners. We leverage the best telecommunication providers and in-home technologies and combine that with amazing customer service and support tools to generate value. We are looking for sharp talent to join our team to focus on supporting our existing communities and services.
We are seeking an experienced GAAP controller to drive revenue recognition, project controllership, financial close, tax, compliance and audit support. You will be responsible for all GAAP requirements from contract setup through to month end close and compliance.
A key focus of the role will be ensuring we have accurate and complete recognition of revenues and expenditures on all contracts. This will include monitoring revenue and cost assurance at both a project and entity level, and identify areas to maximize revenue and or reduce costs.
In addition, you will be accountable for leading month end close coordinating across the company to ensure all GAAP adjustments are reflected accurately in the books and records of the Company.
Finally, the controller will be expected to participate in company-wide initiatives as required.
If you are an experienced GAAP controller with proven ability to mobilize change both regionally and across organizational boundaries, then please then read on….
- Oversee timely preparation of Company financial reporting including consolidation of subsidiary companies in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures
- Analyze impact of and lead implementation of new accounting standards, including ASU 2014-09, "Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606)" ("ASU 2014-09") ASU for revenue recognition.
- Develop, implement and ensure periodic review of revenue and cost assurance process. Identify areas for revenue maximization and cost reduction strategies, and report results to management.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and other tax requirements in all jurisdictions; file sales and use tax returns and reports on a timely basis, and advise management on needed actions; review existing and new legislation, anticipated future legislation, and enforce adherence to requirements.
- Prepare monthly financial analysis of actual results against budget and review results with department heads
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, documenting, monitoring and enforcing accounting department policies and procedures designed to mitigate risk.
- Coordinate annual audit with external auditors; prepare information for external tax preparer and ensure timely filing of annual tax return
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 4 years of finance controllership experience in a large organization.
- Accounting degree required; advanced degree or certification preferred.
- CPA Required
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to work effectively across multiple groups and departmental lines, responsive with strong customer service orientation.
- Strong controls and compliance experience, including review of financial processes for areas of risk
- Advanced skill level for Microsoft Excel required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple groups and departmental lines, responsive with strong customer service orientation.
- Corporate Office: Charleston, SC
Elauwit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to HR@elauwit.com