Network Transport Manager
Elauwit is a new breed of technology service provider. We believe that everything in life will be impacted or improved by our seamless connection to each other through IP networking. Our focus is improving the lives of those who live in student housing, conventional luxury multifamily communities or those who are guests of hotels and resorts. We empower community owners to improve connectivity for their residents by building and maintaining networks and by introducing new and innovative products to our customers and sales partners. We leverage the best telecommunication providers and in-home technologies and combine that with amazing customer service and support tools to generate value. We are looking for sharp talent to join our team to focus on procuring Internet Transport (circuits), managing the successful deployment, and process improvement.
As the Network Transport Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the continued growth of our organization by procuring cost-effective bandwidth, increasing service and speed to our communities and creating cost-reduction opportunities. The Transport Manager role within Elauwit ensures the network is built and maintained in the most cost efficient manner while supporting quality standards. Network Transport planning focuses on network circuit cost, capacity, utilization, and implementation for Layer 1-3 networks in support of Elauwit’s national footprint. 50% Project Management, 25% Network Design/Analysis and 25% procurement.
We understand that our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate that we place value in our employees, Elauwit offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and a working environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to grow your talents.
- Build market strategy to manage incremental and embedded network expense, establish strategic partnerships, and maintain cost competitive solutions for leased transport circuits.
- Lead the development of plans to define, augment, optimize, and reconfigure network circuits as growth dictates.
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain favorable transport circuit products and services.
- Manage leased circuit costs including NRC, MRC, term, and portability.
- Initiate work identifying current or potential utilization in the network and appropriate solutions.
- Provide circuit migration strategy as product and service costs change.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, NetOps and Accounting to develop budgets and business plans.
- Maintain Engineering and Tracking databases/online systems.
- Coordinate project details with internal team members and external vendors.
- Report directly to the Elauwit CTO
- Strong geographic and product knowledge of ILEC, CLEC and other fiber carrier networks as well as Carrier Hotel owners and landlords.
- Strong knowledge of how carriers utilize carrier hotels, MMRs and meet-points to deliver solutions to Elauwit’s network.
- Knowledge of leased transport circuits; including sourcing, pricing, SLAs, and feature sets.
- Knowledge of fiber optic networks; including sourcing dark fiber, ring design, OSP make ready work and splicing.
- PMP a plus
- CCENT, CCNA or similar network certification a plus
- Strong technical/business acumen
- Bachelor degree or Associates degree
- 5-10 years of experience in comparable industries
- Project management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and utilization of an Online systems is a must.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Organized with strong project management skills
- Must have strong understanding of building telecom business cases.
- Must have strong knowledge of telecommunication provider solutions.
- Strong negotiator
- Must have wide range of experience and ability to resolve complex issues in creative/efficient ways.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Must be driven to success of the company, the company’s stakeholders and themselves.
- Team player
- Work from one of company’s offices in Dallas, TX, Charleston, SC, or Columbia, SC