Regional Field Service Technician
Elauwit is a new breed of technology service provider. We believe that everything in life will be impacted or improved by our seamless connection to each other through IP networking. Our focus is improving the lives of those who live in student housing, conventional luxury multifamily communities or those who are guests of hotels and resorts. We empower community owners to improve connectivity for their residents by building and maintaining networks and by introducing new and innovative products to our customers and sales partners. We leverage the best telecommunication providers and in-home technologies and combine that with amazing customer service and support tools to generate value. We are looking for sharp talent to join our team to focus on supporting our existing communities and services.
As a Field Service Technician, you will play a pivotal role in the continued growth of our organization by going above and beyond to support our end-users and client communities via site installation, repair, and maintenance. Our Technicians travel regionally, with the opportunity to travel across the US for commercial projects: large rollout installs and moves/adds/changes; for new construction and full remodels; and for emergency service as well as maintenance work.
We understand that our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate that we place value in our employees, Elauwit offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and a working environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to grow your talents, including regular performance and compensation reviews. Benefits include insurance, PTO, paid Holidays, company provided laptop, tools, and paid travel cost including per diem (transportation, hotel and food).
Note: Please do not apply if you do not feel comfortable working at 200 miles an hour. This is a very fast paced position where you need to multi-task 17 tasks at once. You need to thrive in this kind of environment. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to make an impact at Elauwit. We want to hire the best and retain the best. We are looking for individuals for the long term. If you are looking to just run out the clock, this is not the place for you.
- Responsible for (under limited supervision) performing network troubleshooting to alleviate system outages, analyze system sweeps to neutralize system anomalies, fiber system preventive maintenance and restoration, and performing basic OTN and headend maintenance.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and provide technical support with structured cabling, network hardware, video (digital and analog), energy management, surveillance, access control, and Web based IP phone systems in MDU environments.
- Troubleshoot, repair and ongoing maintenance for plant infrastructure including but not limited to splice underground fiber optic cable and equipment to restore cable plant to system specification; splices and activates new fiber plant as required; repairs and/or replace damaged underground plant.
- Provide quality service and customer support during field visits or dispatches providing the best possible customer experience.
- Opens and closes work orders with Dispatch, provides service repair narratives (written and verbal) for customer, and submits paperwork for time worked and repairs completed in a neat, accurate, detailed, and timely manner
- Managed assigned service zone to ensure service calls are completed within the Service Level Agreement while following company policy related to inventory management, service call management, safety initiatives, and others.
- Work with the Engineering and Technical Teams to diagnose errors and technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Participate in the installation and activation of building infrastructure including wiring systems, fiber optics, and video electronics. Terminate and run Cat-5e, Cat-6, and coax cables.
- Surveys the plant to ensure service availability to potential customers.
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth knowledge of our product offerings, as well as the ancillary components, to provide technical support to our customers and end users.
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Initiative and a drive to add value to Elauwit.
- Excellent customer service and dynamic communication skills (think Ritz Carlton, Disney, Chick-fil-a and Zappo’s)
- As an essential function of this position, the employee must be able to handle high levels of stress professionally and be congenial with other employees and customers always.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Natural ability to multi-task and prioritize while handling all job duties proficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technical and electrical acumen to troubleshoot, repair, certify and service network equipment
- Must be mechanically inclined and can troubleshoot network hardware as well as transport methods including cabling and fiber specifically within a GPON network.
- Strong knowledge of traditional telecommunications (e.g. CLEC) networks and modern fiber networks.
- Strong knowledge of leased transport circuits, carrier hotels, MMRs and meet-points to deliver solutions to Elauwit’s network.
- A current valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- All Elauwit employees are required to pass a background check, driving record check, reference, and drug screening.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- AS/BS degree in related technical field is highly desired.
- Prior experience in both mechanical and fusion splicing.
- Certifications in telecom industry is preferred.
- License in low voltage electrical, high voltage electrical or alarm systems is desired
- Must have 5 years of recent field experience installation of structured cabling (Fiber, Cat 5, Cat 6) as well as the network equipment that attaches to structured cabling in commercial setting – pulling/running/testing/terminating.
- Prior experience installing and supporting network equipment such as: VOIP, WAPs, cameras, CATV, Security Systems, IP Surveillance, card access, speakers/stereo/amenity systems, energy management systems, network servers, routers, switches, racks, and/or digital streaming media
- Experience in reading and marking up blue prints.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Travel within designated region is required.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Weekend and night work will occasionally be required
- Lifting 50-70 lbs on a frequent basis
- Uses hand tools to manipulate connectors, fasteners, wires – properly operates and maintains tools
- Balancing/ Standing for extended periods of time
- Must have to ability to climb poles and ladders
- Stooping/Kneeling/Crouching – works in crawl spaces, attics, and permit required confined spaces
- Ability to operate aerial lifts 18 to 20 feet above ground, as determined by system’s requirements
- Able to sit for extensive periods of time while driving
- Cleans, maintains and stocks vehicle and equipment to be prepared for daily responsibilities