Senior Network Analyst
Elauwit is a new breed of technology service provider. We believe that everything in life will be impacted or improved by our seamless connection to each other through IP networking. Our focus is improving the lives of those who live in student housing, conventional luxury multifamily communities or those who are guests of hotels and resorts. We empower community owners to improve connectivity for their residents by building and maintaining networks and by introducing new and innovative products to our customers and sales partners. We leverage the best telecommunication providers and in-home technologies and combine that with amazing customer service and support tools to generate value. We are looking for sharp talent to join our team to focus on supporting our existing communities and services.
As a Senior Network Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in the continued growth of our organization by going above and beyond to support our end-users and client communities.
We understand that our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate that we place value in our employees, Elauwit offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and a working environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to grow your talents.
- Provide advanced, escalated, technical troubleshooting assistance relating to technology products and/or broadband services
- Investigate field issues escalated to the Tier III team, determine root cause, publish issue resolution and/or work with DevOps to resolve
- Reproduce and confirm product defects and report such defects to Field Engineering, Network Engineering or Product Management for future consideration
- Provide product training to Tier 1 & 2 customer support and act as a mentor to less senior network analysts
- Monitor field issues raised to Tier I and Tier II support agents and proactively investigate ways to prevent issues from occurring
- Monitor and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques
- Apply experience and knowledge to construct solutions to technical problems and implement them
- Ensure client and customer inquiries are responded to within established timeframes and customer care and technical support service levels are achieved
- Record and track support problems in help desk software while keeping all parties informed of problem status and estimated resolution times.
- Document logical and physical network design changes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Report directly to the Director of NetOps
- Strong knowledge of traditional telecommunications (e.g. ILEC, CLEC) networks and modern fiber networks
- Strong knowledge of how carriers utilize carrier hotels, MMRs and meet-points to deliver solutions to Elauwit’s network
- Knowledge of leased transport circuits (a.k.a. Type 2 circuits)
- Strong technical acumen coupled with a friendly disposition
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in technical field is desired
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Ruckus Wireless Solutions Engineer (WiSE) or industry equivalent
- Minimum of (3) years working as a Network Analyst within a Telecommunications Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Experience with Ruckus Wireless equipment is a plus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent client management/resolution, problem solving; debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of traditional ticketing systems and documentation
- Must be familiar with various cabling technologies including: Category 5e/6e, fiber, Coax, Patch Panels, and punch-down blocks
- Knowledge of data network elements such as IP routers, Ethernet switches, firewalls, etc.
- Knowledge of IPv4 & IPv6 network technologies such as IP addressing (CIDR, VLSM, HEX), ARP, etc.
- Knowledge of Layer-2 network technologies including Ethernet LAN/MAN, IEEE standards 802.1x & 802.3xx and 802.1q VLAN tagging
- Knowledge of IP related protocols such as OSPF, RIP, BGP-4 is a plus
- Basic experience with troubleshooting network services such as DHCP, DNS, VPN, TFTP
- Experience with various NMS, device CLIs etc.
- Knowledge of the IEEE 802.11 wireless standards (e.g. a/b/g/n/ac)
- Natural ability to multi-task while handling all job duties proficiently
- Superior problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact with all levels of employees in a professional manner
- As an essential function of this position, the employee must be able to handle high levels of stress satisfactorily and be congenial with other employees and customers at all times
- Primarily in an office environment
- Flexibility in schedule is required to include: nights, weekends and some holidays; as we are a 24-hour operation.
- Some travel may be required.
- On-call rotation participation required
- Work from company’s office in Columbia, SC