Senior Network Analyst
As a Senior Network Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in the continued growth of our organization by going above and beyond to support our end-users and client communities.
We understand that our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate that we place value in our employees, Elauwit offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and a working environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to grow your talents.
- Provide advanced, escalated, technical troubleshooting assistance relating to technology products and broadband services
- Investigate field issues escalated to Tier III, determine root cause, publish issue resolution or work with developers to resolve
- Reproduce and confirm product defects and report such defects to Field Engineering and Product Management for future consideration
- Provide product training to Tier 1 & 2 support and act as a mentor to junior network analysts
- Monitor field issues raised to Tier I and Tier II support agents and proactively investigate ways to prevent issues from occurring
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques
- Apply experience and knowledge to construct solutions to technical problems and implement them
- Ensure client and customer inquiries are responded to within established timeframes and customer care and technical support service levels are achieved
- Record and track support problems in help desk software while keeping all parties informed of problem status and estimated resolution times.
- Document logical and physical network design changes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Report directly to the Director of NetOps
- Strong geographic and product knowledge of ILEC, CLEC and other fiber carrier networks as well as Carrier Hotel owners and landlords.
- Strong knowledge of how carriers utilize carrier hotels, MMRs and meet-points to deliver solutions to Elauwit’s network.
- Knowledge of leased transport circuits; including sourcing, pricing, SLAs, and feature sets.
- Knowledge of fiber optic networks; including sourcing dark fiber, ring design, OSP make ready work and splicing.
- PMP a plus
- CCENT, CCNA or similar network certification a plus
- Strong technical/business acumen
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in technical field is required.
- Minimum of CCNA or CCENT and Network+
- IP subnetting and networking knowledge are required.
- Basic experience with troubleshooting services such as Ethernet, DHCP, DNS, VPN, TFTP is required.
- Experience with various NMS, device CLIs etc. required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent client management/resolution, problem solving; debugging/troubleshooting skills are required
- Knowledge of OSI Layers
- Knowledge of ticketing systems and documentation
- Must be familiar with various cabling technologies including: Category 5e/6e, fiber, Coax, Patch Panels, and punch-down blocks
- Familiar with 802.11 wireless standards
- Natural ability to multi-task while handling all job duties proficiently
- High level of attention to details
- Superior problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Refined telephone skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Primarily in an office environment.
- Flexibility in schedule is required to include: nights, weekends and some holidays; as we are a 24-hour operation.
- Some travel may be required.
- On-call Rotation participation required
- Work from company’s office in Columbia, SC